Nanaimo Home inspections
If you are buying a home, getting a home inspection is perhaps one of the single-most important checks you need to conduct to make sure the home is safe and secure. If you are selling a home, however, is having an inspection as important? Some people might say no, but Mike McKillican of Remax Nanaimo presents some strong reasons why you should get an inspection, whether you're the buyer or the seller.
- Peace of mind Puts the buyer's mind at ease that the home is in good shape.
- Renegotiate If problems do arise, the buyer can negotiate a lower price or ask the seller to make repairs.
- Opt-out If the problems are too big or unsettling, the buyer can opt-out of buying the home.
- Future needs Buyers can learn about potential maintenance and upkeep.
- Smooth sale Sellers can deal with any issues early that could impede the sale of their home.
- Make repairs Sellers can repair problems before putting the house on the market.
- Help set/increase price By making repairs, it will help set the price of the home and could even enhance the value.
- Transparency Having a pre-inspection report available for buyers tells them that the seller has nothing to hide.
As you can see, having a home inspection is vital for both buyers and sellers and the cost is usually just a few hundred bucks well worth it to provide peace of mind and to know what kind of house you're getting.
Common things scrutinized on the home inspection checklist include the roof, attic, basement, and foundation inspection; doors, windows, walls, ceilings, and floors. Also, the type, amount, and condition of insulation. HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems are thoroughly tested and evaluated for any existing or potential problems.
Extended services offered by some home inspection services may include radon testing, well testing, and insect or termite infestation inspection. Usually performed at an additional cost.
Mike McKillican Remax Nanaimo provides a list of local home inspectors.
Platinum Inspection Services
All in One Home Inspections
Action Home Inspections Ltd.